By default, the OpenVPN Connect Client only allows you to have one default profile active at any given time. This might be inconvenient for users who are looking into connecting to multiple servers or who are testing multiple profiles.
By toggling this option, you can enable multiple profile mode in the Connect Client, which adds the ability to Import and Delete profiles from the program menus.
To enable Multiple Profile mode, execute the follow commands in the CLI:
/usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/confdba -mk vpn.client.basic -v false
Restart the Access Server completely:
then simply logon to the Access Server and re-download the client. The ability will be enabled on the newly downloaded client.
If you already have the client installed, you will either have to uninstall and reinstall the client, or you can enable Multiple Profile Mode on the existing client by following the steps below:
1) Run a command prompt or terminal as administrator/root, and then cd to where capicli is located (in Windows 7 64 bit this is C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN Technologies\OpenVPN Client\core, or on the Mac: /Library/Frameworks/OpenVPN.framework/Versions/Current/bin)
2) Close the OpenVPN Connect Client.
3) Type this in the command prompt, and press Enter: capicli -k basic_client -v false SetPreference (prefix this command with ./ on the Mac)
4) Restart the OpenVPN Connect Client.
5) The additional functionality should now be enabled.
To revert to the original behavior, you can do this on the server by this command:
/usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/confdba -mk vpn.client.basic
and /etc/init.d/openvpnas restart
or for the local client only:
capicli -k basic_client -v true SetPreference