How to connect devices with Access Server
In this part of the website we'll try to explain how to connect various devices to your OpenVPN Access Server, and making connections between devices using the Access Server. The most common systems are Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iOS, and Android. But there are also other devices, programs, and situations in which you can make connections, some of which we will also try to provide guides for.
General compatibility guide
We'll also try to provide as complete a list as possible of all the devices that support making a connection to the OpenVPN Access Server. However it is an impossible task to list them all. The OpenVPN protocol itself is an open source standardized protocol with which the Access Server is compatible. Therefore almost all devices that support OpenVPN in some form will likely be able to connect to the Access Server. And there are a lot of products out there that support OpenVPN protocol. Still, we try to mention some of the more well-known products and devices and try to provide guides on how to configure things to get a connection going.
- Connecting to Access Server with Windows
- Connecting to Access Server with macOS
- Connecting to Access Server with Android
- Connecting to Access Server with Apple iOS
- Connecting to Access Server with Linux
- Site-to-site routing explained in detail
- Reach OpenVPN clients directly from a private network
- Extracting separate certificate files for a user